[CCWG-ACCT] CCWAccountability-WS2-Plenary-ICANN59-PostMeetringCoChairStatement

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jun 27 13:37:20 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 27 June 2017 06:50 PM, parminder wrote:

> "Held a session on the Jurisdiction sub-group’s recent discussions
> regarding the possibility of
> changing the location of ICANN’s headquarters or creating a blanket
> immunity for ICANN.

In fact, this is not a true statement. I am aware of no discussions in
the jurisdiction sub group about "creating a blanket immunity for
ICANN". And since the cause for action is  untrue and mis- represented,
the subsequent action banning such a discussion should not legitimately
hold. If my statement is wrong, I am happy to be pointed to such a
discussion in the sub group. Otherwise, please strike out this part of
the decision. Not that I am interested in a blanket immunity, but I do
not like inappropriate "decisions". Thanks.

parminder