[Alac-sc-outreach] Follow up on Thursday's call

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Dec 19 16:06:30 UTC 2012

Thanks, Roberto. This is what we actually started some time ago mapping relevant European events at our "EURALO Regional Events" page which became a bit "abandoned" now. The problem is: If this is always a sort of "one-man-show" and not understood as a broader community effort to check and care for updates ..., then good ideas and initiatives are bogging down with the time.

Listing potential target groups and reflecting how they can be approached is another continuous effort.

The suggested cooperation with ccTLD operators can offer new opportunities but it took me years here in Switzerland to make this happen, and in other countries it is still difficult. I support your ideas and it is quite useful to continue with mapping of key issues. But at the end it becomes a question of capacities in each region, on how many people and supporters you can count on and systematic outreach without funding (for physically attending various conferences and events) is highly demanding for volunteers. I do have the privilege now that I can often combine my current EuroDIG work with EURALO duties what makes certain things easier.

Best,
Wolf

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/