[Alac-sc-outreach] Immediate work items/objectives for the Outreach and Engagement SC for 2015

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:59:51 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Trust you are well and have returned to your regular routine after ICANN53.

At ICANN53, the new ALAC Outreach and Engagement document (
https://community.icann.org/x/nIw0Aw) was shown. Many thanks to all of the
useful comments and suggestions coming from this WG in refining the
document from ICANN Communications.

With the CROPP RT FY15 coming to a close, we have several work
items/objectives that I've identified on the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach
and Engagement page at
https://community.icann.org/x/cqfbAQ. These are:

   - Reconstitution of this subcommittee given the change of this committee
   from Outreach only to the Outreach and Engagement Subcommitee by asking
   RALOs whose members are interested in outreach and engagement activities
   for their RALO to be in this SC to better coordinate and collaborate with
   all of At-Large on Outreach and Engagement. I note that there are still
   queries as to how this WG and how the CROPP RT works (or supposed to work),
   so there needs to be some common understanding among At-Large as to how we
   are to conduct outreach and engagement activities.
   - develop Outreach and Engagement Strategies for each RALO. As per the
   requirements of the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program
   (CROPP)-FY16 <https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy16> (
   https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy16) is the development on a
   Outreach Strategic Plan for each RALO. See RALO Outreach Strategies for
   FY16
   <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/RALO+Outreach+Strategies+for+FY16>
   page at https://community.icann.org/x/C6o0Aw for links to these
   strategies. Such Outreach and Engagement Strategies will require approval
   by the regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE)
   <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=35521555>
   before any CROPP proposals can be filed.
   - select a member from this Outreach and Engagement SC to serve on
the At-Large
   Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program Review Team (CROPP RT)
   <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43982055> (
   https://community.icann.org/x/5xyfAg) for FY16 (from July 2015 to June
   2016).
   - Work with the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Working Party
   <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-Hoc+New+Meeting+Strategy+Working+Party>
   (https://community.icann.org/x/h4E0Aw) on possible outreach strategies
   that could take place with the new ICANN Meeting B in 2016.

Any suggestions or comments on these work items/objectives for this SC?

Given the need to work on these items, I am thinking of having a call for
this SC soon. Not sure if it is possible to have it next week Thursday or
Friday but Il work with Staff to have a Doodle poll sent out for
appropriate dates and times.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh