[Alac-sc-outreach] Draft presentation for ICANN57 At-Large meeting with Nextgen

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:44:39 UTC 2016

Thanks Adeel for this.

So for reference the WGs can be found at https://atlarge.icann.org/
and the https://atlarge.icann.org/get-involved page has the ability to
sort WGs by Policy, Process and Outreach and Engagement

You mentioned the following categories of persons in Nextgen :
technical, law, policy and civil society

What's the difference between law and policy persons?

Some possible mappings:

Technical mapping to
Technical Issues https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/technical-issues
Accessibilty https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/accessibility
Technology https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/technology

Policy (and Law) mapping to
ICANN Evolution   https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/icann-evolution
IDN Policy https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/idn-policy
New gTLDs https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/new-gtlds
Registration Issues https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/registration-issues
Public Interest https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/registration-issues

Civil Society mapping to
Capacity Building https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/capacity-building
Outreach and Engagement :
https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/outreach-engagement
Social Media https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/outreach-engagement

and not showing the process WGs (in which there are many)

But are these mappings accurate ?
Wouldn't we want all persons that care about end user issues be
involved in one or more policy WGs?

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand

Can someone attempt to put on the Google Presentations such a table