[Alac-sc-outreach] [cropp-rt] ICANN CROP FY19 ready for use by ICANN community

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 22:39:09 UTC 2018

Thanks for raising these issues.

We have brought our concerns to the attention of our GSE rep for the APRALO
region and the APRALO leadership team is having a skype meeting with Jia
Rong tomorrow evening my time, to discuss the FY19 issue.  Unfortunately
Jia Rong was not in Panama so he had not had a formal notification of the
announcement before we told him!

I will raise the issues you have both raised to get some formal responses.
Fortunately, we work in with our GSE team before we start planning our
regional strategic plan, so that Jia Rong is very much aware of how we
proposed to use our CROP allocations as well as how we propose to attend
other regional events using other sponsors.

Jia Rong is the senior GSE for our region. We also have Save who is the
Oceania GSE rep but he doesn't have any  budget other than to get himself
to regional events. He will be attending the regional event that we will
not be funded to attend because their decision about CROP was announced on
the last day of the required 6 weeks deadline - even without the week of
the GSE approval period that they are now expecting.

We will no doubt hear about what cuts have been made in Jia Rongs budget as
well, so that all we can do is to coordinate something  together that is
realistic as well as hopefully fair to us as well as to ICANN... although
we are coming a very poor second in this situation.