[Alac-sc-outreach] Urgent questions about CROP guidelines for FY19

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 09:39:29 UTC 2018

Thanks very much for the thread.

Appologies I have been on the move but I find that is a matter of urgency
that needs to be addressed ASAP especially regarding the Terms and
Conditions of CROP. I think the best thing is to have a special call with
GSE, Staff and CROP Staff to discuss and review the Criteria.

ᐧ

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 at 01:14, Judith Hellerstein <judith at jhellerstein.com>
wrote:

> HI Dev,
>
> Yes I guess you are right, I am focused on NARALO who has no ICANN meeting
> or
> official meeting organized by ICANN so we are using all three of our trips
> for
> option c. 2 arin meetings and one other trip.
>
> Judith

> Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
> Hellerstein & Associates
> 3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
> Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
> Mobile/Whats app: +1202-333-6517
> E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
> Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
> Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide
>
> On 7/20/2018 5:55 PM, Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM Judith Hellerstein
> > <judith at jhellerstein.com> wrote:
> >> I understand this a bit differently based on the discussions that we
> had with Benedetta and Mary at ICANN Panama. Benedetta was clear that if
> there is no ICANN meeting or an ICANN sponsored meeting we can choose #C
> and use the trips or anything > that is in our outreach plan and also in
> the GSE plan for our region or that is signed of from the GSE. If you see
> on the guidelines it is an "OR" not an "and"
> >>
> >> Each RALO is allocated up to three (3) individual regional trips, to be
> utilized for the following events occurring in that respective RALO’s
> region in a financial year (FY), and in accordance with the goals,
> strategies, and expected activities and outcomes detailed in each RALO’s
> Outreach Strategic Plan:
> >> (a) an ICANN Public Meeting; or
> >> (b) an official meeting organized by the ICANN Organization (e.g. the
> GDD Summit); or
> >> (c) if there is no Public Meeting or official ICANN meeting occurring
> in that RALO’s region in that FY, a meeting in that region that is assessed
> by the relevant regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) regional
> vice-president as being: (i) directly and demonstrably related to ongoing
> ICANN policy, advisory or technical activities (e.g. a Regional Internet
> Registry meeting), and (ii) consistent with the ICANN Organization’s
> outreach plan for that region.
> >> It is clear that we do not have to use a trip for A or B as there is C.
> Benedetta said they put in C because of our questions.  I think that
> Benedetta did not clear up the item in the wiki since item C Is what she
> was telling us at the meeting and is what is listed on the chart.
> >>
> >> Judith
> > Sorry Judith, but I don't think that is correct. If you read further,
> > there is a paragraph that reads "Where a RALO has used at least one
> > (1) trip to an ICANN Public Meeting or official ICANN-organized
> > meeting occurring in its region, it may use its remaining
> > allocation(s) for a meeting occurring in its region that is assessed
> > by the relevant regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) regional
> [...]

Regards
Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa / Chair - FOSSFA / Community Lead - ISOC
Uganda Chapter / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka