[Alac-sc-outreach] [Ext] Clarity on CROP Trips per RALO

Benedetta Rossi benedetta.rossi at icann.org
Thu Jun 7 11:12:05 UTC 2018

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your email. I received questions from others following the call and responded earlier today but I’m not sure you’re on that thread/mailing list so please find my email copied below for your convenience. I remain available for any further questions:

Dear all,

Thank you for your follow up and questions. As per the information provided on the call and the slides which I believe At-Large staff posted on the relevant wiki space, CROP is being reintroduced in FY19. The Board approved for a 50k allocation for CROP and Policy staff administering the program is currently working at updating the guidelines and the Wiki space accordingly.

The community will be updated as soon as more information is available and will receive an email regarding the launch of the CROP wiki space as per usual practice. This year this is slightly delayed due to the budget changes after the public comment process, but please rest assured that we are making this a priority and will communicate guidelines asap.

Please note that the focus will be ICANN public meetings and/or meetings with significant ICANN presence and organization in partnership with ICANN GSE VPs, especially in situations where a public meeting is not occurring in one of the RALO regions. We are therefore taking all these factors into account to ensure the program remains fair across the board and accessible to promote outreach activities

Due to the reduced envelope we don’t think full allocations will be allowed and are tentatively looking at reduced slots per RALO and GNSO constituencies for regional travel using these guidelines. No out of region options will be possible.

I hope this answers your current questions to develop your outreach strategies, unfortunately we aren’t able to provide anything further at this stage.

--
Benedetta Rossi
Manager, Policy Support & Community Services