[Alac-sc-outreach] The Upcoming EURALO activities in Eastern Europe region

Natalia Filina filinafilka at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 15:49:43 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

Today in Marakkesh we had an informal short working meeting with Natalia
Mochu (Global Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Eastern Europe and Central
Asia). We were discussing the possibility to reshape our representation the
covering the activities of Euralo in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. This
region is still not actively represented in our RALO and we should to start
to change this situation.
Following this meeting, let me suggest for the discussion the next
possibility activities:

- Natalia invited me to participate in the open "ICANN65 readout webinar"
(scheduled on July 11) with a short presentation about our work and the
opportunity to join Euralo. The participants – the stakeholders in ICANN,
the Regions – Eastern Europe and Central Asia. (Previous at-Large
participant, Liana Galstyan, presented APRALO). For the participation i
will prepare a short presentation (if we already have it or infographics, i
may use it) about the mechanism of our work explaining how the opinion of
end users is transformed during the work into part of the policy
development process.

- The Interaction with RIPE NCC. According to preliminary data, the
representatives of engagment interested in beginning such work. (We can
hold joint open webinars after each RIPE or ICANN meetings, for example).

- We need to start a new tradition to replace the (a little bit) passive
position in the region to active role by the invitation of the appropriated
organizations (to organize f2f meetings or online-webinars) if this
organizations are not yet our ALSs, but potentially may bring to our work a
lot of useful suggestions, experience of best solution (I mean the
organizations which are working on the Internet right and freedom
protection field, as an example).

- We should to use the opportunity of the physical presence with short
introduction presentations at events in the region (we are talking about
events which don`t  required  the funding for the presence). This is
already implied theoretically, but practically we don`t use this
possibility.

I kindly ask you to give the feedback and comments.

Sincerely,
Natalia Filina

Officer of SIG IoT (ISOC)
Member of EURALO Individuals’ Association
https://atlarge.icann.org/alses/euralo
https://individualusers.org/

Member of ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement

   1.

+7 906 722 54 61
Moscow,
Russian Federation