[ALT-Plus] [ALAC-Members] Questions for the Board, etc

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:39:14 UTC 2019

Hello Maureen,

One question came to me as I was reading a mail of an ICANN staff, the
question is; "Does the Board foresee any risk in the continued
institutionalisation of certain activity in her personnel."

My reason for this question is that it seem as activity is coming up more
job titles are being created to match such activity which IMO may make it
difficult to retire such activity in future.

Some of us have noted in the past about that significant number of reviews
within ICANN I saw there is a title called "senior reviews coordinator"
since there is a "senior" there is perhaps "reviews coordinator(s)" that in
itself could continue to bloat the personnel base of the organisation.

I know some believes raising concern about ICANN personnel may impact upon
atlarge but I don't think this should be the case. While I know this issue
is not entirely of the Board since it's the community that requests the
review, I think there may be a need to introduce a staff analysis phase
that will help the community really understand the cost implication of what
is being proposed before discussions get to approval level.

Regards
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos