[ALT-Plus] CCEGIG

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:57:08 UTC 2019

Dear ALAC and ALT+ members

You may remember, way back in 2018, Olivier raised the issue of the ccNSO
and GNSO pulling out of the CCWG IG so that we were the remaining charter
group of what was to be renamed the Cross Community Engagement Group on
Internet Governance. (CCEGIG).

Olivier is still awaiting what our decision is, in relation to the options
that he gave (but with no priority or recommendation)..

1. The ALAC proposes to all SOs and ACs except the ccNSO, that they join a
CCEG IG according to the proposed CCEG Charter
2. The ALAC proposes to the GNSO Constituencies in both houses as well as
any other SOs and ACs, except the ccNSO, that they join a CCEG IG according
to the proposed CCEG Charter
3. The ALAC proposes to the GNSO Constituencies in both houses, that they
join a CCEG IG according to the proposed CCEG Charter, bearing in mind the
original creation of the CCWG was between the ALAC and the NCSG.
4. The ALAC creates a working group on Internet Governance which is open to
all, thus being able to accept members of other SOs/ACs/Cs, including GAC
and SSAC members
5. The ALAC asks the Board to create a working group on Internet Governance
and asks to be part of that working group
6. The ALAC does nothing and thus the topic of community-led ICANN-wide
Internet Governance  discussion ends.

I have mentioned to Olivier that At-Large already has a very strong
alliance with things IG, and it would not be out of line for us to
establish an IG Engagement Group to discuss IG issues as they relate to
ICANN.  Then it would be easy for other constituencies to easily slip into
the group because its charter (developed by us would encourage this)>

For me personally I would select #4. But I am happy to hear others' views
on any of the other options that they see as more practical for us to
support.

I know that Olivier has already been waiting over a year now for a response
from us, but I'd like an answer to be returned to him as soon as possible.
By 11 Jan?

Regards
Maureen