[ALT-Plus] [ALAC-Members] Fellowship mentor and ABRs

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Mon Jan 6 09:41:43 UTC 2020

Dear Maureen,
Thank you for your mail and comming up with the two options.
I believe option 2 is the most appropriate option we should go for and I
can explain
I can agree with you that Sarah has been doing a good job but that should
not be a reason why the selection process should be changed.
Just like we had with León, he went through the process and at the end of
the day he got the position that way the process was open and transparent
to the entire community and not just the leadership.
I think for fairness to others who might think they would do a better or a
worse job than Sarah, the process should be opened up and RALOs and
individuals can nominate . Those who are interested should submit a
statement of interest   and the ALAC should run a vote.
Therefore I believe that option 2 is the most appropriate option so that we
maintain the selection process.
 I know it might be an academic exercise that the same person would win but
it doesn't matter. The process should be maintained.
Thanks

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal
<http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/> PGPortal