[ALT-Plus] Summary Report of GNSO Council 15 June 2022 meeting

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:01:14 UTC 2022

All,

Please find below my summary report of the GNSO Council's 15 June meeting
during ICANN 74.

As usual, for brevity, I will just highlight a few things here. You can
glean a wider perspective from GNSO Council Jun 2022 Matters of Interest
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Liaison+Report%2C+post-Oct+2021#Jun2022-MOI_Jun2022>
and the meeting records from GNSO Council Jun 2022 Meeting Records
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Liaison+Report%2C+post-Oct+2021#Jun2022-Meet_Jun2022>
.

*1. EPDP on Specific Curative Rights Protection for IGOs Final Report*

   - Council resolved unanimously to approve all 5 recommendations in the
   Final Report.

*2. **SubPro ODP*

   - Council to set up a drafting team to assist the GNSO Council’s liaison
   to the SubPro ODP with preparing answers to the ICANN org SubPro
ODP Team's question
   set #4 and SubPro Topic Assumptions
   <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2022-May/025688.html>. Paul
   McGrady and I have volunteered for this drafting team.

*3. GNSO Guidance Process for Subsequent Procedures (SubPro GGP)*

   - Council will proceed with a motion in its Jul meeting to establish a
   GGP to work just on Applicant Support through a Steering Committee (of a
   representative+observer model) with ultimate oversight by Council. The
   scope for this GGP on Applicant Support will reflect what is currently set
   out in the draft SubPro GGP Initiation Request
   <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2022-May/025646.html>.

*4. GNSO-GAC Dialogue on Closed Generics*

   - Council has agreed to relay its recommendations
   <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2022/correspondence/gnso-council-small-team-closed-generics-11jun22-en.pdf>
   the Board and GAC as the next step leading to the start of the GAC-GNSO
   Dialogue, with ALAC participation as a third party, through 1 ALAC-selected
   member (+ 1 alternate).

Thanks for reading / your consideration.

Justine Chew
ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council