[ALT-Plus] GNSO Council Extraordinary Meeting on 5 June 2023: Towards the Next Round of New gTLDs

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 04:45:39 UTC 2023

All,

As I had previously informed in one of my earlier notices to Alt-Plus, and
further to my presentation at this week's CPWG call (see Chantelle's email
below), the GNSO Council is scheduled to meet at yet another *Council
Extraordinary Meeting, on 5 June 2023 at 20:00 UTC*
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Liaison+Report%2C+post-Oct+2021#GNSOLiaisonReport,postOct2021-A-23-06E>
.

The main (if not sole) purpose of this extraordinary meeting is to further
the ongoing work on the 38 SubPro recommendations marked as "pending" in
the ICANN Board's 16 March resolution
<https://www.icann.org/en/board-activities-and-meetings/materials/approved-resolutions-regular-meeting-of-the-icann-board-16-03-2023-en#section2.a>,
building on the series of discussions between the Council's Small Team and
2 shepherds of the ICANN Board's SubPro caucus, as well as between the GNSO
Council and the ICANN Board call which took place on 22 May
<https://community.icann.org/x/y4lXDg>

Non-Council members are welcomed to observe this call on 5 June, in
read-only and listen-only mode. Here are the details if you wish to observe
the call.

*Full Agenda <https://community.icann.org/x/moKCDg>  |  Documents
<https://community.icann.org/x/noKCDg>*

   - *Item 1: Administrative Matters*
   - Item 2: Opening Remarks / Review of Projects List
   <https://gnso.icann.org/en/council/project> and Action Item List
   <https://community.icann.org/x/RgZlAg>.
   - *Item 3: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - SubPro - Progress Update on
   Recommendations Marked as Pending*
   - Item 4: AOB

Check your time zone: https://tinyurl.com/2p8stjyr

Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://icann.zoom.us/j/97891627902?pwd=RURCTitiNEVwd2UySEk1QkRESmlFZz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://icann.zoom.us/j/97891627902?pwd%3DRURCTitiNEVwd2UySEk1QkRESmlFZz09&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1EqjCM_j6jpvQ17eEJEzaq>

Passcode: 5d$X0$^0L2

*If joining Zoom via Zoom App the following will be required:*

Webinar ID: 978 9162 7902
Passcode: 9844091488

Thanks for reading / considering.

Justine Chew