[atrt2] Prioritization Doodle Poll

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 19 13:14:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had a family issue yesterday, am just catching up now, and missed
doing the poll, but I too am very against the prioritization effort and
have spoken against it every time it was brought up.

Additionally with only 5 group members having done the poll it seems as
though we do not have consensus on even doing such a poll.  As for the
claim that the team decided to do the poll, I remember it more as a
executive decision, the team was not able to reach closure so there was
a decision to do it and see what happened. Yes we have members of the
team who favor prioritization and a few comments favoring the idea, but
most team members have seemed resistant to the idea, and at least as
many comments spoke against prioritization as spoke in favor of it
(anecdotal impression, I did not count the instances in meetings and
conversations).

Personally, I see no way in which we will reach consensus on any
prioritization scheme.  Also, I do not quite understand where the push
for prioritization comes from given the low degree of support the idea
has gotten over the last 6 months.

avri