[atrt2] Edits to ATRT2 Final Report

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Dec 21 10:42:31 UTC 2013

Dear Brian,

thanks for the adding of the text re: observations - that eases my
concerns and I hope that Board members & the community will read the
Report in full.

I do note however that you sometimes use "ATRT2" and sometimes use "the
ATRT2" in your text. In replacing the acronym with the full words, I
believe that in the vast majority of cases, one would refer to "the
ATRT2". Please be so kind to have this checked. Ditto for other acronyms
such as GNSO.
Kind regards,

Olivier

On 20/12/2013 23:18, Brian Cute wrote:
> Larisa,
>
> In the current version of the Final Report, the following statement
> appears at the top of page 3: "ATRT2 believes that these
> Recommendations are important and, to the extent accepted by the
> Board, should be treated as a strategic priority.  To that end, ICANN
> should create an implementation plan and publish it to the Community."
>  Please add the following text directly after that sentence as a
> continuation of the paragraph:
>
> "ATRT2 wishes to emphasize that the observations appearing in ATRT2's
> assessments and elsewhere in the body of the Report should be duly
> considered by the Board and afforded all due weight in ongoing and
> future implementation efforts."
>
> Also, please create an Appendix for the ATRT2's Observations on the
> Review Process document.  PLEASE NOTE, there are data points that need
> to be added to the ATRT2 Observations document -- # of conference
> calls held by ATRT2, # of face to face meetings etc.  I am not sure
> that I have the master "Observations" document but I believe ATRT2 had
> 16 conference calls and 7 face to face meetings.  Would you kindly add
> that data to the document.  The attached document which is a
> description of audit techniques being under consideration by the
> Structural Improvements Committee should be added to the Observations
> document as part of the record of our discussions.  As a lead in to
> the Audit Framework documents, please add the following text:
>
> "In discussing how to improve the AoC Review process going forward,
> ATRT2 also considered the work of the ICANN Structural Improvements
> Committee on Institutional Reviews.  The ATRT2 notes that the AoC
> Reviews are distinct and different from the ICANN Institutional
> Reviews.  At the same time, AoC Review Teams and the Board should
> consider the ATRT2's Observations and a range of techniques to improve
> the AoC Review processes.  The following document contains a number of
> techniques considered by the Structural Improvement Committee for
> consideration."
>
> Regards,
> Brian

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD