[bc-gnso] Nominating Committee

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:57:39 UTC 2009

I've reviewed the requirements for Nom Committee appointments, and I see that actually, we can nominate someone who is not a BC member, but is from the business community. I have not yet approached Mike Roberts, but call all members attention to that long standing role that Mike has had in the Internet, standing up ICANN, and being a BC member. He is a micro enterprise owner, and highly respected around the globe. Perhaps we should be thinking more broadly, and more globally, about 'recruiting' someone like Mike for the NomComm.
I am going to reach out to Mike to 'test' whether he would stand for selection from the BC.
We would certainly 'improve' BC presence by selecting someone like Mike, or his counterpart from another part of the globe.
Business has the ability to think creatively. I'd like to see more of that from 'us'. Perhaps other members have ideas about business people from other parts of the globe that we might nominate. I also know a CEO from Egypt rather well, and we could also consider someone like that for the NomComm role. We would need to organize a 'support/briefing' team, but some of those who have been on the NomCom could offer to do those briefings, with an open conference call for all BC members interested to listen in.
Marilyn Cade ICT StrategiesmCADE llc
micro enterprise member of BC