[bc-gnso] Nominating Committee

Liz Williams lizawilliams at mac.com
Wed Jul 29 12:15:20 UTC 2009

Marilyn

I would welcome Mike Robert's participation in the BC.   As one of
three members [David Fares and Mike O'Connor are the others) of the BC
Credentials Committee, it would be tremendous to receive an
application from him. However, asking him, or anyone else, to join the
BC for the purpose of standing for election as the BC's representative
to the Nominating Committee seems to be rather a stretch.

I can think of many existing members in the BC who would do an
admirable job in a highly complex environment which is very time
consuming.  I would also suggest that intimate knowledge of the
challenges of the Business Constituency in a transitioning
organisation is critical as is a commitment to the broader ICANN
community.

As to your comments about "improving the BC presence" in the
Nominating Committee, the existing representatives (Phil Lodico and I)
are always open to suggestions for improvements.  We have both
provided regular updates to the BC but cannot, under the strict
confidentiality rules of the Nominating Committee provide more
detailed notes about the workings of the Committee itself.  Of course,
everything about the Nominating Committee that can be made public
(that is everything but candidate names and their details) is
available here http://nomcom.icann.org/

Kind regards.

Liz