[bc-gnso] Transition

Liz Williams lizawilliams at mac.com
Wed Jun 24 04:43:07 UTC 2009

Marilyn

Thanks for those additional thoughts -- the dates are good ones and I
suggest that we work towards two dates as you've described.  Of
course, everyone could participate in both events (we need very strong
conference call facilities and document sharing capability) and we can
wrap up the findings in a set of documents and actions.

Liz
On 24/06/2009, at 5:37 AM, Marilyn Cade wrote:

> some of us will be coming together for the NYC session on the IRT,
> so we need to keep that date and the London date in mind, and work
> around that travel.
>
> My apologies to be out of the room for this meeting. I had
> obligations to be in a review of the IIC paper, and then in the GAC
> meeting.  However, I've caught up with a few attendees there...
>
> We will need to have a methodology that is fair to all members, so
> perhaps we can't actually have a single 1/2 day event, but perhaps a
> couple /or three 2 hour sessions... with good remote capability...
>

> > From: lizawilliams at mac.com
> > To: bc-gnso at icann.org
> > Subject: [bc-gnso] Transition
> > Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:54:33 +0100
> >

> > Hello everyone
> >
> > I wanted to follow up from our conversations in the meeting
> yesterday.
> >
> > I would like to propose that we hold a specific session on
> transition
> > issues to deal with:
> >
> > 1. completion of our charter which will include the identification
> of
> > all of the "positions" that require filling in the organisation
> >
> > 2. a timetable for transition which includes elections (refer back
> > my strawman proposal which I posted several months ago)
> >
> > I think we need at least a half day using the services of an
> objective
> > facilitator -- the existing ExCom/Councillors should not be in the
> > "chair" for this event.
> >
> > I volunteer to prepare a "background paper" and set of documents
> that
> > will help us make those transition plans become reality. I would
> like
> > other volunteers to help.
> >
> > I propose that we have this meeting very shortly -- whilst
> everything
> > is still fresh from the Sydney meeting to give us enough time to
> make
> > changes before the Seoul meeting.
> >
> > Liz
> >

> > Liz Williams