[bc-gnso] Draft GNSO Council letter to the GAC

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Fri May 15 07:28:57 UTC 2009

this letter has been produced at Council level prompted by an individual Council member.
The presumption of a need to abstain is based on my experience and knowledge of the issues
and the historic position of BC members. That is why I asked the BC members to validate the
presumption !

For the record (speaking as AIM) I support abstention on grounds that a Council reply is not
needed as the Board is to reply. Why upset government when they can be your ally?

Philip