[bc-gnso] New gTLD Expression of Interest Working Group

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Sat Nov 7 20:12:49 UTC 2009

Hello All:

Could the BC leadership please update the membership on this proposed
Working Group for Expressions of Interests in connection with new gTLDs.

It appears that Minds + Machines and other "TLD promoters" have proposed a
Working Group for new gTLD Expressions of Interest.  While I have no
objection to the creation of such a working group, the proposal to limit
participation to an apparent self-interested group is rather concerning.
Hopefully the new Council, and our elected representatives will make sure
that this Working Group is open to all that wish to participate.

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/eoiwg-to-icann-06nov09-en.pdf (Doc #1)

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/eoiwg-to-icann-draft-charter-06nov09-en.
pdf (Doc #2)

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/eoiwg-to-icann-proposed-outputs-06nov09-
en.pdf (Doc #3)

I am concerned that the BC will only have one representative (See Doc #2),
and this self-selected group appears to have reached out unilaterally to
Susan Kawaguchi. While I think Susan would provide an  excellent participant
I think all interested members from the Commercial Stakeholder Group should
be able to participate.

Best regards,

Michael Palage