[bc-gnso] Inquiry: why are we voting in a 7 day voting period? instead of the normal 14 day? Can we please extend it to 14?

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:10:48 UTC 2009

 Like several other BC members -- Heather, Ayesha, Liesyl/Anders, myself, David Fares, Zahid -- we are all traveling to Sharm El Sheikh for the IGF, and I for one cannot focus on the Charter to see if the changes were incorporated.
A red line would be helpful but at this late date, as I am dashing for an airplane for an almost 24 hour flight due to layovers, I simply cannot do justice to the review of the Charter.
I thought we had agreed to have one more redlined version/quick look before posting to a vote.  I can't tell whether the changes that I had proposed are incorporated easily, as I could with a redlined version. Can that be posted as well?
However, of equal concern is that this is an accelerated voting period of only 7 days. That makes little sense, especially with so many of the BC members occupied in a critical international meeting.
Would other BC members join me in asking for the normal 14 day voting period? I am not sure when that would close, but it would increase the odds of my having the time to read the charter and decide whether to vote no or yes -- not just have to forgo my membership rights to vote.
I am seeing questions from other members still.
While I know we need to nail this down and get a vote, and move to elections, it would be unfortunate to have potentially six or so of our members away during the shortened voting period and unable to participate in the decision,