[bc-gnso] FW: [council] OSC CSG Toolkit of Services Recommendations

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Tue Nov 17 21:55:09 UTC 2009

thanks Mike,

just got around to reviewing this.  this describes a basket of staff
services that would be made available to constituencies and
stakeholder groups -- and i like what is here.  just to highlight the
important bit from the document here's the list of services that's
being proposed, in priority sequence:

Assembling background and reference materials for Working Groups
Support for organizing face-to-face meetings (e.g. date/time,
location, equipment, telephone bridge and, in certain venues,
arranging accommodations)
Support for organizing teleconferences (schedule, announce, monitor)
Preparing minutes of formal meetings and teleconferences
Assisting volunteer leaders by identifying/scheduling liaison contacts
within ICANN
Web site hosting and content maintenance (i.e., keeping site up to
date with relevant documents and information)
Organizational record keeping (e.g., statements of interest, archives)
Maintaining up-to-date member contact info, mailing/discussion lists
Producing MP3 recordings of meetings
Assisting in conducting elections for officers
i think it would be a really good idea for us to fold this into our
discussion about the role of our Secretariat in the future.  if this
were to come to an up/down vote at the next Council meeting, i'd
support a vote in favor of proceeding with the working-group's
recommended list.  thanks Philip, for representing us on this team.

mikey

On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:

> Fyi from the Operations Steering Committee.  Philip has been
> representing on this, so he may have some comments, and of course
> comments are welcome from anyone interested.  Apparently these will
> come to a Council vote in December.
>
> Mike Rodenbaugh
> RODENBAUGH LAW
> 548 Market Street
> San Francisco, CA  94104
> (415) 738-8087
> http://rodenbaugh.com

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,
Google, etc.)