[bc-gnso] CSG agenda/addressing the election of the Council chair

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:09:25 UTC 2009

Thanks, Philip, good to see the suggestions.

I'm interested in volunteering within the BC to be involved in working with the Memership to develop  BC views on the CSG and other coordination activities that the CSG might take up. I'll ask Ron to add that topic to tonight's huddle.

I know we are trying to distribute the work and involve the members more.

Just one question, though, about APWG on the agenda:  I'm a little concerned about making sure that for the BC's interests, that there is a significant amount of time for the BC members to have any needed background, and to be able to participate actively in all discussions. It seems that we have a lot to discuss in the CSG segment but we haven't yet had our own BC discussions/deliberations, so it will be hard to make decisions until that happens, right?

Can I ask what the APWG topic is? If this is a briefing, it seems hard to imagine that we have much time for that, given the organizational discussions that are needed. Is there a specific amount of time, or a specific urgency to this as an update, perhaps?

Finally, I'd like the agenda to also include a discussion about the election of Council Chair. This certainly has to be a topic on the BC agenda in the afternoon.

Thanks again

Marilyn