[bc-gnso] Registry/Registrar Separation

Liz Williams lizawilliams at mac.com
Thu Oct 29 08:57:55 UTC 2009

Hello everyone

I agree with Mikey -- there is more nuance here and we certainly don't
want to be making long term structural changes without rigourous
understanding.

I suggested in the public forum today that, given that ownership
arrangements are part of registry/registrar contracts and that those
conditions are within the purview of the PDP process, that we should
recommend a proper policy development exercise.

If we did it right, we would hear all points of view, have additional
information from experts AND reach a set of recommendations to advise
the Board.

Liz