[bc-gnso] Nominating Committee - Large Business nominations

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:34:59 UTC 2009

I see that the officers have decided to open nominations for candidates who are from companies, associations, or someone demonstrably associated/affiliated to the BC that is from a large business, or an association that serves and represents large businesses [or businesses of all sizes].
While I provide advice, strategy, and consulting to large businesses, I understand that I and other BC members who are in the SME category are not eligible to stand for this seat.  That is clearly the past practice of the BC, in all our previous appointment/elections for the two Nominating Committee seats, and I had thought that it was in written guidance in the Charter/which serves as the BC bylaws. I strongly support maintaining the two separate categories, since that is the legitimacy upon which the two seats -- while others get only one -- is based on. Important, in my view, to ensure that we do not jeopardize the BC having these two distinct seats in the Nominating Committee.
Accordingly, I will send a separate email to the Secretariat, with a nomination of someone who fits the large business requirement.
Thanks to the Officers and secretariat for moving forward.