[bc-gnso] Advising the BC list that I have contacted the ICANN Ombudsman and request to suspect the present and any future election processes within the BC

Chris Chaplow chris at andaluciaws.com
Sat Sep 5 12:31:12 UTC 2009

Dear BC,

I believe strongly that in the BC (and in other organisations that I am a
member) that the Secretariat and the Directors (Staff) should not engage in
any form of strategic discussions (or giving advice or suggestions) with
candidates or potential candidates or members about standing in election.
Even if they believe it is in the organizations best interests.

If there is an procedural or a qualification election issue that  the pure
application of the charter does not resolve. To whom does the secretariat
seek advise?

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucía.com S.L.
Avenida del Carmen 9
Ed. Puertosol, Puerto Deportivo
1ª Planta, Oficina 30
Estepona, 29680
Malaga, Spain
Tel: + (34) 952 897 865
Fax: + (34) 952 897 874
E-mail:  <mailto:chris at andalucia.com> chris at andalucia.com
Web:  <http://www.andalucia.com/> www.andalucia.com
Information about Andalucia, Spain.

Please think of the Environment before you print this email