[bc-gnso] FW: Policy Development at ICANN Webinar - hold the date - 20 May at 12.00 UTC and 19.00 UTC

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:08:18 UTC 2010

Dear BC members
Please see forwarded  announcement for a Policy Webinar organized by ICANN staff. According to its description, it is intended to be 'for newcomers'.  I hope that some of our members can attend, even though you are not newcomers. It would be helpful for us to be aware of any materials that ICANN develops that can be useful in our own Business outreach activities.  I will forward the sign up details when they are available.
Best Regards
Marilyn CadeBC Chair

Forwarded From: Marika Konings

Please find below a ‘hold the date’ announcement for a webinar that ICANN
policy staff will be organizing on policy development with the objective to
engage new participants in ICANN, and especially GNSO policy development
activities. We
hope you will share this announcement with organizations / individuals that you
think might or should be interested in getting more involved in ICANN.

WEBINAR:
Policy Development at ICANN

How
you can help ICANN Shape the Future of the Internet

20
May 2010 at 12.00 UTC and 19.00 UTC

Hold the date! On Thursday 20 May at 12.00 UTC and 19.00 UTC, ICANN Policy
Staff will host a webinar that introduces newcomers to the world of ICANN and
policy development. The webinar will provide an overview of ICANN as an
organization, who develops policy at ICANN (and how), and most importantly, how
you can become involved and help ICANN to shape the future of the Internet.
Further details on how to sign up will follow shortly, but for now, please hold
the date. Please feel free to forward this announcement to individuals and/or
organisations you think might be interested.

About
ICANN:

reach another person on the Internet you have to type an address  into
your computer - a name or a number. That address has to be unique so computers
know where to find each other. ICANN coordinates these unique identifiers
across the world, so that there can be one global Internet. The Internet
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) was formed in 1998. It is a
not-for-profit partnership  of people from all over the world dedicated to
keeping the Internet secure, stable and interoperable. It promotes competition
and develops policy on the Internet’s unique identifiers, primarily the domain
name system (DNS), IP addresses, and port numbers. For further information,
please visit http://www.icann.org.