[bc-gnso] DRAFT BC Public Comments on DAGv4

Christopher Martin cgmartin at uscib.org
Mon Jul 19 13:57:57 UTC 2010

Hi all.  USCIB is currently in the process of drafting our own DAG4 input, and so we cannot comment directly on substantive language at this time.  However, on RPMs, USCIB generally supported the IRT's recommendations.  Many of the BC's comments in the current draft(s) reflect the fact that the current DAG does not contain the thrust of those recommendations and thus we support language drawing attention to those failings and many of the suggested remedies, including much of what is said on mechanisms like URS and the Trademark Clearinghouse.  We stand by the incorporation of these items and language supporting the general thrust of the IRT recommendations in the BC comments.

On tone of the document, I agree that some language from the original draft could be shifted to more positively construe our input.  I think Jon's edits do a pretty good job in terms of changing the tone (again, no comment directly on the substantive language used except for above).

Cheers,
Chris