[bc-gnso] Chair's comment: Process for resolving BC comments: bc-gnso] DRAFT BC Public Comments on DAGv4

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:00:37 UTC 2010

thanks all.  Good work going on here in the discussions and exchanges of views.
Steve and I will be discussing a process to get to a BC outcome.
.
Everyone's work and focus on this is much appreciated.
I know this is busy times and our members have diverse views in some cases, but in others, I think we have common ground. I do want to make one comment.  The BC has a position of supporting managed, responsible introduction of gTLDs [and IDNs] that expand the names space in a differentiated manner.  We also have a position about ICANN acting responsibly.
I have seen a few comments from BC members that seem to indicate a concern that the BC opposes the expansion of new gTLDs.  Our position is much more responsible than that, but it does include addressing the challenges of expansion of the gTLD space.
So, just to assure members who thought that there was a rewrite of the BC position on expansion, I don't see that in the comments. However, I appreciate the concern about tone and I think that is being addressed.
Stay tuned for a suggested approach after I talk with Steve, as V.Chair, Policy Coordination.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair