[bc-gnso] .XXX

Mike Rodenbaugh icann at rodenbaugh.com
Mon Mar 29 15:51:21 UTC 2010

Hey Berry,

Only the GAC and the GNSO are relevant SOs on this topic.  The GAC may be
relevant on any topic they choose, regardless of which SO is the main
driver.  The GAC can also proactively recommend policy if it wants to, but I
believe it has always been more reactive than proactive to date.  The GAC
has certain powers under the Bylaws to recommend policy directly to the
Board, and under the AOC which gives GAC heightened review powers and
requires GAC consultation on major policy initiatives.

Hope this helps.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087