[bc-gnso] BC Position Statement on Vertical Integration (VI)-- single registrant TLDs

berrycobb at infinityportals.com berrycobb at infinityportals.com
Mon May 17 12:56:34 UTC 2010

Philip,

Thank you for your response.  I support your statement that we as BC
members must advocate for commercial users.  Just to be clear, the
intent of my example is not in support of a Registry, but more about
the market in general.  I want to see each approved TLD succeed in the
market, because that is ultimately the best for consumers.  The last
thing I want to support are policies that create unfair market
conditions whereby a TLD fails and closes shop. Failing TLDs will
create uncertainty and disruptions for other consumers and business
users of that TLD.

Further, I will state that I have not finalized my opinions WRT to the
concept of Single Registrant TLDs, as there are many other
characteristics to consider in the whole.  Single Registrant Single
User(SRSU) vs. Single Registrant Multiple User(SRMU) has been
discussed a fair amount by not exhaustively.

I appreciate the dialog.....lets keep the momentum going!  Thank you.

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb at infinityportals.com
http://www.infinityportals.com