[bc-gnso] Adam Palmer pre-election comment

Adam Palmer Adam_Palmer at symantec.com
Tue Nov 2 12:29:52 UTC 2010

Dear BC Colleagues,

This is an important time for the BC to have a strong and clear voice within ICANN.   For the last 10 years I have had broad ICANN related experience as a lawyer, .ORG Registry policy counsel, and brand protection advisor at Cyveillance.  I have already held leadership positions within the ICANN community including serving as elected legal chair of the RISG group which is a leading voice for security within ICANN.  I have developed the vital personal contacts and credibility necessary to successfully advance BC positions.  I am fully prepared to “hit the ground running” and provide leadership as a BC Councilor.

My vision is for the BC to provide a leadership voice for improving e-commerce security and integrity.  As the Lead Cyber Security Advisor at Symantec (the Fortune 500 market leader in internet security software) I am well positioned to be an ambassador to the business community to encourage outreach and participation.

While my personal interest are primarily security related, I am prepared to represent all members and to advance their interests in new gTLD and brand protection.  I would emphasize collaboration and consultation with members to assure that I advocate positions that are fully supported by the BC membership.

Please contact me at any time at +1-703-232-4914 or adam_palmer at symantec.com<mailto:adam_palmer at symantec.com> with any questions.

Best regards,

Adam Palmer
Lead Cyber Security Advisor