[bc-gnso]

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 13 23:38:04 UTC 2010

Dear Zahid, and BC Members,
Zahid, this is deeply regrettable, but I respect your decision, while I deeply regret the situation which has led to this. It was indeed our expectation that ICANN had addressed needed arrangements at the time of approving the hosting, as those of active in the IGF know that the IGF secretariat takes great care over.\
As Chair, I will begin consultations with ExComm  through Monday and Tuesday of next week, electronically. There is an ExComm meeting later in the week.I expect to split the travel across more than one attendee.
This email, or other exchanges in dealing with this situaiton, are  not intended as a formal comment from the BC leadership on meeting location selection to ICANN.
We appreciate the efforts staff have made, and will make in the future, on behalf of members from around the world. However, this is extremely disappointing, and we really counted on having both Mike and Zahid in attendance, and fully actively participating in all working sessions.
The ExComm will also consult with Zahid regarding how to best facilitate his remote participation throughout the various ICANN meetings.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair