[bc-gnso] exchange of letters GAC and ICANN related to overarching issues update and morality

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 02:00:03 UTC 2010

 Dear BC Members
I am noting below, for your information, the exchange of letters between the GAC and ICANN. Since ICANN's letter in response addresses the overarching issues, I am calling this to everyone's attention.
The comments about the incomplete economic study are particularly ... disappointing on the part of the Board Chair, and apparently on the part of the Board.
I know Philip and I participated in the Cross WG on controversial names -- Recommendation 6 Working  Group -- and I may have overlooked other members who were actively engaged. I commend both letters to your attention.  The outcome there seems okay, in terms of BC members broader interests.
I'd recommend reviewing both.  It will prepare you for exchanges in Cartagena.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair

GAC letter of Nov 22 (http://icann.org/en/correspondence/dryden-to-dengate-thrush-22nov10-en.pdf) ICANN letter in response (http://icann.org/en/correspondence/dengate-thrush-to-dryden-23nov10-en.pdf),