[bc-gnso] RE: Revised Draft #3 of UDRP Provider Standard Mechanisms Position Paper

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Thu Oct 21 12:44:08 UTC 2010

Kladouras,

With regard to Point 1 - you raise a fair point. The use of the word duopoly
has specific legal significance regarding market power and the ability to
control price. I believe a more accurate statement may be along the lines of
WIPO and NAF receive the vast majority (insert %) of the annual UDRP filings
from amongst the four providers.

I think our credibility as a stakeholder group is tied to the accuracy of
your statements. When we make allegations that have legal significance which
we cannot substantiate that is not a good thing in my opinion.

With regard to Point #2. I agree with the accuracy of the statement Phil has
drafted.  The problem is I do not believe there is a written decision by
ICANN on this subject matter. However, if you ask the General Counsel or
other ICANN senior staff this is the response he is likely to give.
Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Michael