[bc-gnso] RE: Revised Draft #3 of UDRP Provider Standard Mechanisms Position Paper

Phil Corwin pcorwin at butera-andrews.com
Thu Oct 21 17:59:34 UTC 2010

While it's true that there are currenly four approved UDRP providers, the vast majority of cases are filed with WIPO and NAF; CAC was just accredirted about a year or so ago..

I just did a quick survey and these are current filing #s (all totals are 2010 to date, except for NAF which is total for 2009):

WIPO-2069

NAF-1759

Asain DNDRC-59

CAC-11

So I will change the draft to delete the duopoly term and instead note that the vast majority (approximately 98%) of UDRPs are handled by WIPO and NAF.

As regards written decisions, I do not recall seeing one when CAC was approved -- ICANN simply announced that their application had been approved.

Philip S. Corwin
Partner
Butera & Andrews
1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004

202-347-6875 (office)

202-347-6876 (fax)

202-255-6172 (cell)

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Branch Rickey