[bc-gnso] Draft CSG Charter for Review

Deutsch, Sarah B sarah.b.deutsch at verizon.com
Thu Oct 21 13:43:54 UTC 2010

All,

I'm attaching for review and comment a draft of our Commercial Stakeholders Group Charter.  We prepared this draft with active participation from volunteers from all three constituencies, including the CSG Executive Committee and with the help of two of our BC members who volunteered for the drafting team, Philip Shepherd and Ron Andruff as well as several other BC members who attended and contributed to our drafting session in DC last week.

As you'll see from the attached, the CSG Charter builds upon the framework Philip drafted for our interim charter.  It keeps all substantitve decision making within each Constituency, but outlines those areas where the CSG can work together on issues of common interest.  ICANN staff also contributed various standard provisions that are required in all charter drafting.

If you have edits or suggestions, please email them to directly so as not to burden the list.  The deadline is one week from today -- Thursday October 28.  All three Constituencies will be collecting comments during the next week with the goal of finalizing this shortly thereafter.

Thanks again,

Sarah

Sarah B. Deutsch
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Verizon Communications
Phone: 703-351-3044
Fax: 703-351-3670