[bc-gnso] Blog post

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Fri Oct 22 21:53:14 UTC 2010

Dear all,

As it may have relevance to members of the BC, I thought I should make you
aware of a blog post I made on CircleID regarding the long delays and long
timelines that lay ahead vis-à-vis new gTLDs [
http://www.circleid.com/posts/and_then_there_was_the_issue_of_time/ ].

The October 12th BC meeting in Washington, particularly the session on
“brands as gTLDs” that Fred Felman chaired, was extremely valuable in
fleshing out the complexities around brands as TLDs and got me to thinking
more about how ICANN best handle this important aspect.  I recommend that
members go back and read the transcripts or listen to the MP3 to learn more
if they didn’t participate remotely.  It got me to thinking more about what
still needs to be done and how we should address that.  In my post, I
suggest putting all brands on a separate path towards gTLDs until such time
as the issues around SRSU and the like have been properly considered and
appropriate recommendations are put in place.  I believe that this would
address a number of concerns from different groups and build institutional
confidence in ICANN.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff