[bc-gnso] BC Policy Calendar, for discussion on BC Conf Call Friday 10-Sep-2010

Mike Rodenbaugh icann at rodenbaugh.com
Wed Sep 8 17:31:58 UTC 2010

Thanks Steve.  I can't make the BC call tomorrow because of the short
notice.  Since there is so little advance notice and so little on the agenda
of much interest to many members, I suspect most members will not attend.
But I am happy to answer questions on or off the list about anything before
the Council or otherwise on tomorrow's agenda.

Here also is a link to the Council's Pending Project List, which in turn
contains links to everything the Council is involved in.

http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf

In today's meeting:

.         the Council approved the WHOIS "misuse" study as we requested

.         the Council approved the slate of Review Team candidates as we
requested, not including the late proposed addition from the NCSG

.         the Council approved that the Vertical Integration report be sent
to the Board in advance of its retreat later this month, which we supported

.         the Council approved the motion to create a 'community working
group' to advise ICANN wrt to the new gTLD recommendation re Morality and
Public Order

Another rather uneventful Council meeting, very little substance to report.
I do not expect that to change much until after the Board retreat, if there
are any resolutions from it.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Rodenbaugh