[bc-gnso] For BC review & comment: draft response to Whois Review Team

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Thu Apr 7 18:46:01 UTC 2011

ICANN is gathering responses to questions posed by the Whois review team.

Attached is a discussion draft for BC response prepared by Elisa Cooper.  (Steve DelBianco added a bit about Whois studies)

On our last member call, several others also volunteered to add to this response, so we're looking forward to your additions:
Sara Deutsch
Berry Cobb
Lynn Goodendorf
Janet O'Callaghan

ICANN's Comment period closes 17-Apr.    Today (7-Apr) begins an 8-day review period for this discussion draft. We can submit this response later if members feel they need the entire 14-day review and discussion period.

Please review and post your suggestions/edits as soon as possible.   If there are no disagreements noted by 17-Apr, this response will be adopted without a voting period, and posted to ICANN.

For topic background, see http://icann.org/en/public-comment/#whois-rt

Thanks again to Elisa Cooper for serving as BC Rapporteur on this.

Regards,
Steve DelBianco
Vice chair for policy coordination