[bc-gnso] ICANN and Singapore Meeting venue -- announcement to members

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 16:18:00 UTC 2011

Announcement: ICANN has posted the host country site for Singapore, and lists two hotels.
You can book via ICANN's link to the website. However, as usual, there are other options for booking and some appear more reasonably priced.
I went onto Expedia and got lower rate quotes for both those hotels, so members may want to check out other options than booking via ICANN/Host country web site if you decide to stay at the two hotels affiliated with the venue.  AND, as usual, if some of you find other hotel deals, do let colleagues know.
We will begin to formulate a working agenda for the CSG and BC's meetings shortly and will be asking for member input shortly.
I have also been contacted by the IGF Asia, who will hold a two day national IGF just before ICANN. They are interested in making business aware of that event, which is still under development.
Three things to do now: ALL OFF LIST BUT IMPORTANT:
1) Let Benedetta know if you will plan to come to Singapore in person so that she can begin to update the meetings list2) If you think you are interested in more information about the IGF Asia, let me know off list at marilynscade at hotmail.com3) If you are interested in participating in a remote hub [if we do arrange that with a sponsoring/coordinating member] in the Silicon Valley area of US West Coast, let Benedetta know that as well. That would require you to agree to attend thoughat one fixed site, so that it justifies asking a member to keep their offices open at extremely late hours.
Benedetta will also be posting a schedule for further BC member calls shortly.  [no need to repost about using a calendaring tool/that is under discussion within the ExComm/and will be addressed shortly].
Marilyn CadeBC Chair