[bc-gnso] Input needed from all members

Mustala, Tero (NSN - FI/Espoo) tero.mustala at nsn.com
Thu Mar 3 11:51:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Supporting the previous proposals I would like to propose, that we focus
on specific issues of the new gTLD topic.

One important issue for many businesses are the conditions for the
"Single Registrant" type applicants. This has been discussed in BC many
times, last on our previous call. My view is that we as BC are quite
close to common understanding on how we would like the SR applications
to be handled, and I feel we should stress the importance of this to the
board.

The default response from board and staff is, that this kind of changes
can not be done anymore, but I feel this argument is not valid anymore.
The Board/GAC consultations will evidently lead to many changes and
respectively public comment rounds pushing the final approval to unknown
date.

I feel, that acknowledgement of SR type of applications will offer also
new ways to solve problems in DAG, which have not been in discussions
lately.

Regards

Tero

Tero Mustala