[bc-gnso] Proposed BC response to Affirmation review team on Security Stability & Resiliency

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Fri Mar 25 16:16:13 UTC 2011

hi all,

i had a go at marking up Adam's draft.

i'm walking us back just a bit on overall tone, and i've refined/narrowed a few points to get them a little more in line with the bottom-up approach.  i don't feel like i've dramatically changed the thrust of the document, but others may disagree.  :-)

mikey

On Mar 24, 2011, at 10:22 PM, Steve DelBianco wrote:

> ICANN's Affirmation of Commitments required a community review of DNS Security Stability & Resiliency (SSR).   The SSR Review Team is now gathering public input on the set of issues it proposes for this review.
>
> Attached is a discussion draft for BC submission, prepared by Adam Palmer.
>
> Several of the 11 issues in this draft are empty — some because answers are given elsewhere in the draft; rest are blank because Adam wanted to leave room for other BC members to add their security expertise!
>
> The Review Team is seeking responses by 6-April, so today (24-March) begins our 14-day review period for this discussion draft.
>
> Please review and post your suggestions/edits as soon as possible.   If there are no disagreements noted by 1-April, these comments will be adopted without a voting period, and posted to ICANN on 6-April.
>
> As always, BC members are also encouraged to submit their own responses and to share those with the BC list.
>
> For topic background, see  http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#ssr-rt-issues
>
> Thanks again to Adam for volunteering to do this discussion draft.
>
> And thanks to Jeff Brueggeman for serving on the SSR Review Team.
>

> Steve DelBianco
> Vice chair for policy coordination
>

> <BC_on_SSR RT Issues [v1].docx>

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	http://www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)