[bc-gnso] AIM's BC representative

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Thu Nov 10 14:12:32 UTC 2011

As I mentioned before AIM 's representative to the BC is now Marie Pattullo.
I thought you may like to see a short profile about Marie.

After qualifying as a solicitor in the City of London, Marie moved to Brussels
in 1993 and worked in private practice before joining AIM, the European Brands
Association, in 2000. As AIM represents the branded goods industries in Europe
on key issues which affect the ability of brand manufacturers to design,
distribute and market their brands, Marie's role encompasses coordination of the
association's vital brand protection work. Via its Trade Mark Committee, AIM is,
inter alia, a founder member of the OHIM (EU trademark office) Users Group, an
observer to the OHIM Administrative Board and an observer at WIPO. The AIM
Anti-Counterfeiting Committee brings together AIM's members with other right
holders and their associations in the largest such network actively fighting
counterfeiting and piracy at European level. Marie thus works closely with all
European institutions engaged in IP and brand protection matters and with the
relevant experts, particularly in trade mark administration, protection and
enforcement, from the members of AIM and the wider industry.

Philip