[bc-gnso] Request for alternate member for SCI

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Fri Apr 20 21:37:19 UTC 2012

Dear members,

I am currently the only member of the BC on the Standing Committee on GNSO
Improvements Implementation, which is responsible for reviewing issues that
arise from the reform policies that were established when the bicameral
structure came about and the GNSO Council evolved into a PDP oversight body.

For newcomers to the BC that last sentence may sound like code, but longer
term BC members will recall our most recent review and restructuring
process.  The net net is that several working groups reviewed outdated
policies or developed new ones to fit the bill and now the ICANN Community
is using those policies in practice.  From time to time, unforeseen issues
arise or mechanisms don't work as anticipated.  These then are sent to the
SCI to consider the problem and come up with solutions to resolve the issue.

My former SCI colleague has left the BC, so the Constituency is in need of a
replacement as all ICANN Constituencies have two representatives.  We have a
number of new members in the BC, so I would encourage you to consider
joining me and learning the ICANN process from an interesting perspective.
The workload has been light to date; just now we have a few things on the
table that need review.

Here is a link to the Wiki page for more info:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosci/Home

And here is the Charter:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosci/3.+Charter

So anyone's whose interest I may have peeked, please contact me to discuss
this further.

Thank you,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff