[bc-gnso] ALERTS from the Secretariat: Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Apr 19 08:56:03 UTC 2012

Dear BC Members,

Please find below the most recent update from ICANN regarding the
technical difficulties involving the TAS.

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home
www.bizconst.org
bc-secretariat at icann.org

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-18apr12-en.htm

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

ICANN has been providing regular updates on the recent technical glitch
that resulted in the TLD application system being taken offline.

As reported earlier, we believe that we have fixed the glitch. We
continue to test the solution and to conduct research to determine which
file names and user names were potentially viewable, as well as which
applicants had the ability to see them.

We will provide additional information tomorrow to address questions
that we have received about the glitch. Please monitor the ICANN website
at <http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/tas/interruption-updates>
for further updates.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue and
reopen the application system.