[bc-gnso] ALERTS from the Secretariat: TAS Interruption - Update (17 April 2012)

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Wed Apr 18 16:27:02 UTC 2012

Dear BC members,

Please find below another statement from ICANN regarding the TAS
interruption.

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home
www.bizconst.org
bc-secretariat at icann.org

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-17apr12-en.htm

*TAS Interruption - Update (17 April 2012)*

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

ICANN's review of the technical glitch that resulted in the TLD
application system being taken offline indicates that the issue stems
from a problem in the way the system handled interrupted deletions of
file attachments. This resulted in some applicants being able to see
some other applicants' file names and user names.

As reported yesterday, we are seeking confirmation that the solution we
have implemented for this issue is effective.

We are also conducting research to determine which applicants' file
names and user names were potentially viewable, as well as which
applicants had the ability to see them.

Many organizations are seeking information on whether we will proceed
with the planned publication of applied-for domain names on 30 April. We
will update the target date for publication as part of our update on the
timing of the reopening, no later than /Friday, 20 April at 23.59 UTC/.