[bc-gnso] BC Officer Elections 2012: Results

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:50:03 UTC 2012

Thanks to the Voting Officer and Verifying Officer/GNSO Secretariat for concluding the counting and publication of the outcome of the election so promptly.
Let me thank all BC members for voting. I realize it is a busy time, and we have asked you to multi task within the BC during a busy early 2012.
I appreciate the support to my role as chair, but also to the full set of Officers. As members know, we operate as a team, and I look forward to the continuation of other officers, and welcome Elisa Cooper as the incoming CSG rep.
Looking ahead to Costa Rica, we have much to focus on before then, and right now, we are discussing several vitally interesting and impactful topics ranging from improvements to the new gTLD program, where members were asked to submit a further response to email exchanges on the BC list; to thick WHOIS; to planning for the Costa Rica meeting, and our input for various other workshops that we expect the staff to announce before C.R., as well as distributing our updated input into the ICANN budget,
It will be a busy and important year, and I count on the involvement and participation of all of our members, and on our continuing expansion of the BC's role, and its membership.
Thank you.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair