[bc-gnso] .CAT WHOIS Proposed Changes - call for public comments

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:48:00 UTC 2012

Elisa Cooper, the BC WHOIS Rapporteur, or Steve DelBianco, V.Chair, Policy Coordination, may offer additional comments.The Chair's purpose is to forward to all BC members.
Like all members, I look to our Rapporteur for WHOIS, supported by our Vice Chair, Policy Coordination,  to advise. However, for any new members, WHOIS is a key priority for BC.
Marilyn Cade, BC Chair

 http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-20jan12-en.htm.CAT WHOIS Proposed Changes  Forum Announcement: Comment Period Opens on Date: 20 January2012 Categories/Tags: Contracted Party Agreements  Purpose (Brief): ICANN is opening today the public comment period for the Fundacio puntCAT's, request to change its Whois according to EU data protection legislation. The public comment period will be closed on 3 March 2012.The .cat registry, submitted a Registry Service Evaluation Process (RSEP) on August 2011.At this time, ICANN has conducted a preliminary review in accordance with the Registry Services Evaluation Policy and process set forth at http://www.icann.org/registries/rsep/rsep.html. ICANN's preliminary review (based on the information provided) did not identify any significant competition, security, or stability issues. The implementation of the request requires an amendment to the .cat Registry Agreement signed 23 September 2005. This public forum requests comments regarding the proposed amendment.Public Comment Box Link: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/cat-whois-changes-18jan12-en.htm