[bc-gnso] TLD Universal Acceptance

Baskin, James F (Jim) james.f.baskin at verizon.com
Wed Mar 14 17:30:53 UTC 2012

Ron,

I appears to me that your example of .NAME SLDs not being universally accepted as IDs for e-commerce sites is not directly related to the "Universal Acceptance" topic.

Universal acceptance is the ability to resolve DNS queries TO individual TLDs, e.g., the early (or even ongoing) problems in reaching .TRAVEL because it is more than three characters or not in some software lists of valid TLDs.  Being able to resolve the IP address of a .NAME URI is not related to the unwillingness of Apple or BBC to accept a .NAME registration as valid user identification credentials.

Jim